Wednesday, January 28, 2009

37 weeks and ticking

I'm in the midst of 37 weeks now. Hannah should be out ANY TIME... but looks like she's too comfy inside me. Yesterday slept very well for once! although I had to wake up four times at least for toilet breaks each time I fall back onto bed, I will sleep right through. It helps with the super windy weather these days. Perhaps Hannah has descended further so the breathlessness is not as bad as it was. Going to visit the gynae today. Will see what he has to say. Today's visit will be on the review of the swap test and should be doing some heartbeat check. Can't remember the acronymn for that.

Everything has been going on well thus far and I am very thankful for that. God has been good to Hannah and me because he has given me a caring hubby who takes care of me really well and given Hannah a daddy who dotes on her so much. (I can see the love in his eyes when he croons to Hannah!) Let's see if what an acquaintance said comes true. He said that for his first child he did not talk much to the 'belly' and the baby took a while to respond to him calling out after she was born. The second one responded much sooner and he felt that it was due to the fact that the baby was very used to his voice already. Hubby has been talking and singing to Hannah ever so often, let's see if Hannah can respond to him soon after birth! so exciting! :)

Everything is packed at home just waiting for Hannah's arrival. We've got mum's bed vacuumed and cleaned too so that when she comes over for confinement everything will be comfy for her. Will ask the domestic helper to put on the new sheets maybe next week. Hannah's cot is ready too and will prob put on the sheets next week as well. We've stocked up on wet wipes, baby oil, powder, diapers, steriliser, breast pump, milk bottles, thermometer, beddings, towels, shampoo, soap, laundry detergent, blankets, rompers, clothes, cotton wool, cotton balls, drapolin... you name it, we have it. haha...She's taking up quite a lot of space even before her appearance man! :)

One more week in school and I'm on maternity leave already. I don't mind going to work and going home straight after dismissal actually... cos I desperately need the nap by 2pm. But the impending thought of having my waters break in the school hall during assembly is quite horrifying... can you imagine the squeals from 600 girls going ' ahh... Mrs Hoon pee in school!' I think I will die of embarrassment! :P Praying that the labour will come at a time when hubby is by my side. Then he can practice all the stuff he's learnt from the pre-natal class. :P

will update this post again... hopefully by the time I do it, I can attach some pictures of our little princess. :)

1 comment:

  1. GOSH!!! TIME IS TICKING BY~!!! it is such a thrilling and Frightening experience at the same time!!! I feel so damn nervous for you!!! ahhhhhhhhh!!

    ReplyDelete