Friday, December 25, 2009

A Special Year 2009

This has been an extraordinary year.
I've had many new experiences and have grown much.
I've had my first ...
labour experience!
Epidural!
Confinement!
Breastfeeding!
11months off from work!
SAHM experience!
10-day-stay in hospital ( when Hannah was ill!)
gym membership!
having a helper in the house!
travelling out of Singapore with hubby and baby!
cooking class! (Jap cusine, mind you!)
family portrait taken!
christmas with Hannah!
drawing and painting on a door!
expat friends!
meeting up with mummies over coffee!
bringing baby out on my own!
pushing the pram up and down the escalator!
driving baby around in the car!
Going public with Hannah!
being stranded in the taxi stand with baby cos nobody wanted to help us cos it was raining!

........

The list goes on.
It has been a year of challenge in many ways but through it all, I've witness God's grace and leading in our small family unit. We've got the opportunity to work together as husband and wife to take care of a little life entrusted to our hands. We've learnt to put down our wants and cater to the needs of our baby although it means lesser of what we would want to pursue. Interestingly, as time moves on, we gradually got used to the new life style and started to feel less of the sacrifice but more of the enjoyment a family unit can bring.

My eyes opened up and I saw the many treasures I have. A loving and supporting family who tries to be there for us whenever possible. ( This makes me see that we will always be our mummy's baby regardless of our age!:P) A husband who despite his faigue from work, comes home to help out so that I could take a breather to sleep or to indulge in a session of massage. A baby who despite the brawling and fussiness gives us much joy that warms our heart.

Next year... just a couple of days more... will be a whole new experience. There will be many changes and I am sure obstacles along the way.
But we know, that just like how God has led us through this year, without a moment letting go of our hands, He will do so in the next and the many to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment