Monday, November 2, 2009

To train or not to train

I finally understood Hamlet's dilemma... to be caught in between.
Well, I guess there has been sufficient theories to support both camp.
And after much disruption, we've reached a point of desperation. - Well, almost.
I thought I needed a break from the crazy bedtime (if you call it) routine.

Lie on the bed with Hannah and praying to God that she sleeps. But to my dismay she'll be tossing and turning about and playing peek-a-boo with me although her eyes are red with fatigue. Then after an hour, she finally cried and fell asleep. Carried her gingerly to her cot and keeping the house in TOTAL silence in fear that we might wake the princess up. 2 hours. We thought it's time we can go to bed. Princess brawls! Comfort her... to the brink of frustration. Slept. 2 hours...3 hours... the cycle repeats.
Verdict, no sleep for mummy. No sleep for baby. Resulted in frustrated mummy and cranky baby.

So, hoping that the training works (thanks Daze, it did! xxx)
We hardened our hearts and said goodnight and planted a million kisses on Hannah before leaving her to sleep on her own. She cried... with tears and mucus and perspiration! We took turns to comfort her every 5 minutes by telling her we are here. More kisses.
First night: 45 minutes
Second night: 30 minutes
Third night: 20 mintes
fourth night: 10 minutes
fifth night: 15 minutes
sixth night: 10 minutes.....
recently: 5 minutes or less.

WOW! I am liberated! Thank God! It is suc a joy.
But now she started to fuss in the middle of the night. 2am, 3am, 5am...
Time to train her again.
I really hope she can achieve her 12 hours of night sleep as a baby should soon.

As the bimbo in America's Top model said: Keep my fingers crossed, my toes crossed, butt cheeks crossed! ....

4 comments:

  1. http://www.motherinc.org/motherhood/babywise-saved-my-life/

    Came across this at a friend-of-a-friend's blog. Might be useful?

    g

    ReplyDelete
  2. You watch America's top model?!?!? I love that programme!!

    Hope the routine is working! Made my first home-made porridge yesterday, and more today... I tell you - missions!!!
    x
    Daze

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Daze... hubby thinks it's sooo wannabe... but i kinda like it. Love the way the girls pose for pics. Though I absolutely can't understand the way they squeal in delight when Tyra appears. What about man?!?! lol

    porridge? Let's prepare our best to let each other sample when we meet! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it was hard to make that 1st step, but it has to be done someday, might as well make it sooner.. hehehe.. That was what we went thru..

    A of DnA..

    ReplyDelete