Thursday, July 16, 2009

More updates

Well... lots to update. Wonder which to begin with.

1) 5months old
Hannah is now 5 months old. A week or more ago, we started her with cereal and man! She loves it (after her initial response which I can't reveal till the poll is done). Then just a couple of days back, she started rejecting it. Mummy is at a loss. Anyway, I've decided to just feed a little bit again and if she still doesn't want it then we'll just wait for a couple of weeks later. Maybe it's good too. No hurry. I believe she'll know best when she's ready. The thing is she's not exactly having enough... so she's waking up in the wee hours again. Oh well.. guess I'll just enjoy moment this while I can.

2) Milk-scare
I think I was dehydrated? Or for whatever reason, I experienced a day without much milk. It came to me as a shock and I was thrown off balance. So worried that my precious will starve. (albeit her hefty 7.5kg and counting). It was at that moment that I began to 'treasure' breastfeeding again... yeah... it's an experience, once over, never return. So now, no more complains about feeding her. Enjoy it while I can. Thank God, the supply is back after I down alot alot alot of water and fish soup!

Theory behind the incident:
Well, many bf mums tell me diff stuff.
i) When you reach 4-5 months there's usually a dip.
ii) Baby once start on solid, demand falls, supply dip.
iii) dehydration and mummy's change in diet
iv) clueless

Appreciate those listening ears and advice. Some even went through the same! :) Thanks girls.

3) Bloody neck!
Yes... as you know Hannah's really fat at the neck so we usually can't see it. Recently... due to her drooling incessantly the neck area became dry and scaly. It became itchy for her. So whenever she turns to her front, she'll start scratching it. Until it bled! I nearly died when I saw some blood. When mixed with saliva it looks like blood is oozing out! Thank God it wasn't that bad a cut. But still... now we dare not put her on her own without supervision. All eyes are fixed on her fingers and neck now. That's been keeping me REALLY busy. Hope she gets well soon. Heartache.

Then again... it seems that she is totally oblivious to it. When I saw her and hugged her... I was so upset but she was smiling and cooing away happily. My baby's made of steel.

4) Me
This week's meeting with my fren has been cancelled cos she was unwell. Spanish lesson cancelled cos teacher was held up elsewhere. Piano lesson cancelled cos I can't leave Hannah unattended with her neck like that. Well, well... next week will be better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment