Monday, June 29, 2009

Hannah's next milestone.

Hannah is 4.5 months old to date. And here's some updates about her. (and us)

Well she can flip over onto her tummy effortlessly now. It started off as a major event that we celebrated with great joy. Then Fear. Then Fluster.
Why?
Joy: It's a new step! A new trick! A new development!
Fear: Will she suffocate? Will she get stuck in some corner? Will anything happen to her? Fall off?
Fluster: She flips non-stop! Then she will be stuck in some corner or get tired of the position and she will start screaming her head off. (" Help! I am stuck! Rescue me!" or " Hey! Somebody come and relief me of this tiring position!" or " Give me some attention. " or " I cannot turn back! Flip me back!") You get the gist.

At first it was pretty bad... she could wake up in the middle of the night to do her stunts and wail. And overcome with anxiety of her suffocating, I ran out to her and flipped her over. Only to see her smiling at me and flipping back again and again and again. She thought it was funny. ... ~bleah~ I was certainly not amused. I told her sternly it was not funny at all as I flipped her back and asked her to sleep. Surprisingly, she did.

But at least we got assured, knowing that she is capable of crying out for help. That took our worry away (a little at least). At least we know she won't be stuck and keep quiet in that position. Though, when I think about it too much, I can still get paranoid.

She is also very very aware of her environment now. So much so that everything excites her. From the fan to the air con to lights to anything else except daddy and mummy's face. So... it's pretty hard feeding her at times. She has to be 'coerced' back to the breast or bottle. Goodness... sometimes I will just cover her eyes with my palm or just pull her close. Boy! She won't succumb without a fight! She would scream and straighten her body and....

I think my angelic baby is starting to 'chut pattern' already! Soon, daddy and mummy will 'chut' ours too! The battle is about to begin.

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA! little hannah is hilarious! think she will grow up to be a vocal, fun and interesting girl to be with. Will keep biting her. MUAHAHAH.

    Hannah does not look like a monkey! she looks like a super cute hammie. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is Hammie? Hamster? Ham (as in bacon and ham, ham?) hahahah...

    She is one fiesty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nvr reveal hannah's actual weight?
    YC

    ReplyDelete